My happy Claire is 8 months old.
This past month has been a little hard for Claire. Just after turning seven months, I took her into the doctor because I was certain she had an ear infection. This was her second in just a month or so time, and I could tell she was hurting and was not eating well. When I took her in, not only was it confirmed that she had an ear infection, but after listening to a rattle in her lungs, I was told she had RSV. I was sent home with a nebulizer and a couple of prescriptions. It was sad to see her wearing the misting mask at night before bedtime, but she did a good job keeping it on. She's lots better now.
Claire, sucking in her bottom lip like she does when concentrating.
Claire is a happy, happy girl. As long as she's not sick. I love seeing her little teeth popping out of those gums.
With her little, short neck and big cheeks, Claire looks a little like a bobble-head doll.
With the warm weather, we've been able to spend time outside in the sunshine. Claire has fun picking up blades of grass. I need to get out the sunscreen, because she got her first sunburn last week.
Claire in another cute dress (this one from one of her aunts).
After being sick for a couple of weeks, with no appetite, she is ravenous lately. I'll dish up her baby food that I think she'll eat, but she'll finish that quickly and cry for more. Also, because of being sick, she's back to waking up at night. She'll just growl and growl until Brian nudges me out of bed. Then she acts so hungry and wants to nurse. (Last night I got up TWICE to feed her. I'm tired.)
Claire is no where near close to crawling. (Bria started crawling just before 8 months, and the boys were earlier than that.) I don't mind since she's my baby baby. Plus it means I don't have to worry so much about the kids little toys on the floor and the gate to the stairs. Yet.




1 comment:
I'm glad she is feeling better. She is so cute. I love those chubby cheeks and thighs!!
Post a Comment